Friday, September 24, 2010

GABR Waddle 2010

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending the 2010 Guardian Angle Basset Bash.   My sister-in-law, Brandy (and her Basset Hound, Jack), invited me to head to Dwight, IL with them for the event.  I have never been to anything like it!  The event is held in their fenced in doggy area, so everyone can let their pups run off-leash.  There were Basset's everywhere and they all seemed so friendly!

There were Basset races, a pooch smooch contest (it involved peanut butter, an owner's face, and a Basset), swing dancers, and even a king & queen.  At one point Brandy, Jack and I sat down on the ground for some rest and we made several new friends.  It seems that once you get down to their level, Basset's aren't shy about requesting pets and love.  Here are a few pictures from the day:




For more photos from this event, visit the Tails of Love Event Gallery.



Hugs & Wags, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment